What to Eat Before a Boxing Class
Let’s talk food! The optimal pre-workout snack before your boxing class in Perth will have a high amount of complex carbs and a small amount of lean protein.
- Banana and Greek yoghurt – bananas are packed with carbs that are easy to digest and a healthy dose of potassium. Potassium helps your muscles contract, keeps your heartbeat steady and can help counteract the harmful effects of sodium on blood pressure. The yoghurt gives you that small hit of protein to help your muscles recover!
- Apple slices with peanut butter is another winner. The nuttiness contrasts beautifully with the sweetness of the apple and delivers an instant nutrient-rich energy shot. Just limit the peanut butter to a couple of teaspoons, because it is very high in calories.
- A quick sandwich of turkey breast or hard-boiled egg on wholegrain bread is another great snack.
- The complex carbs in the bread will provide you with energy, coupled with a protein fix from the meat or egg.
- Cottage cheese and fruit are another great combo. The cottage cheese will give a healthy shot of protein, and fruit provides easy-to-access energy for the body. Any fruit will do, pick you favourite!
Remember to drink enough water to stay hydrated so you are performing at your optimum level.
Last tip is to make sure you keep these snacks within your calorie range for the day! Don’t overdo it, these should be small and light on the belly.