Challenge yourself with one of the most classic forms of human combat. Boxing uses the punches as primary weapons combined with footwork and head movement to evade attack. Boxing is regarded as one of the most important tools to have as it incorporates hand to eye co-ordination, reaction time, speed, strength and endurance all as one.
The exercises involved with Boxing training allow for a total body workout including cardiovascular, muscular and mental development. Whether its exerting that daily stress, hitting leather in style or just wanting to burn calories, then Boxing is for you!
Equipment required: Boxing gloves / Boxing shoes – Not compulsory (Must be clean) / Handwraps / Towel
Benefits of Boxing Training
- Improve reflexes / Hand to eye co-ordination
- Develop speed and agility
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Body strength and conditioning
- Muscle tone and conditioning
A Supportive Community Awaits
For many years boxing gyms across Perth, Australia and all over the world have been painted in a certain light, which, being honest, has given it a certain stigma and an image that has not been helpful. One of the things we’re very proud of is that our community has gone a long way to dispelling the myths about martial arts training. When you sign up for our Perth’s boxing training, you’ll find that, whoever you are, whatever your background, race or gender, you will be most welcome! It’s why we offer:
- Women’s only classes
- One-to-one training
- Training for absolute beginners, returning trainees, and professionals.
We pride ourselves on the fact that our community runs on trust and a nonjudgmental, enthusiastic approach to boxing and MMA.
Taking up boxing fitness in Perth might not seem like the first choice you would make if you want to lose weight. However, you will soon find that boxing is a high-intensity workout that will help you burn through your calories in no time at all while sculpting your body at the same time. Here are three reasons why you should consider entering our boxing fitness gym whenever you want to lose weight:
- Calorie burning. It is a significantly higher intensity workout than other cardio workouts such as walking or jogging. Typically, you can burn up to a thousand calories in one session!
- Getting rid of belly fat. Belly fat is one of the riskier fats that can lead to health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers. When boxing, fat deposits around your viscera reduce rapidly, and with them, the chances of you picking up some of these other health risks.
- Full body workout. It’s not just belly fat that gets reduced, of course. When boxing, you are using all kinds of muscles at all times, just as the body is designed to do. It is the perfect all-in-one training regime to get your entire body fitter and more agile.
Of course, weight loss isn’t just about training – a big part of it is nutrition. Fortunately, our trainers not only know the best ways of burning fat through exercise but can also offer you expert nutritional advice and build a diet that works for you to burn fat and build muscle at the same time – without starving yourself!
When it comes to building muscle, there are a number of different approaches that one might take. In traditional gyms, one might try to build up a particular physique that might look good in a mirror but actually results in limited movement with very little actual strength.
However, when it comes to building strength in our boxing gyms in Perth, WA, your drive will be to build it for a purpose rather than mere vanity (though you will look good!) We’ll have you using equipment specifically so you can strengthen your body and your core, using both traditional and modern methods that have been well researched by our experienced coaches.
Overall, though, one of the biggest benefits of our boxing fitness gym in Perth is how it will change you mentally, spiritually, and socially. There are often some huge hurdles that must be overcome when taking our boxing classes in WA, and there are likely to be many questions and worries you have even as you get started.
The biggest of these is, of course, how much you may be hurt in the course of training. The truth is that all training is a matter of breaking down and rebuilding muscle. Boxing is no different and is actually a brilliant way of sculpting your body to adapt to pain and build endurance. That isn’t to say it’s easy, but while rebuilding your muscles, it also rebuilds your confidence in your body and, in turn, fosters mental as well as physical stamina.
It is one of our most treasured lessons and one of the things that our trainers and members alike will celebrate. With a little determination, it is something that you will celebrate too!