7 Ways of Overcoming the Fear of “Not Being Good Enough”
August 28, 2023 | Mindset
Embarking on the journey of combat sports can be exhilarating, yet the fear of not being good enough can be never-endingly-lingering. At Champions Gym, we understand this can be VERY REAL, (86% of people have never ever done anything like this before), and so, we have crafted a multi-dimensional approach to help conquer the fear, doubts, and ultimately smash the existing glass mould to a better you…
Here are 7 ways we guide you through overcoming fear of not being good enough:
1. Inclusion: Stepping into Champions Gym means joining a welcoming, inclusive community of diversity with similar interests to you. Our environment is free of judgement, allowing you to forget the apprehension and concentrate on your own growth, instead of worrying about any external influences.
2. Expert Guidance: A combined 154 years of experience among our team means we have seen it all before. Our dedicated coaches are here to support you every step of the way. We understand that everyone starts somewhere, and they’re dedicated to helping you build skills and confidence at your own pace, with no rush, no pressure.
3. Personalised Approach: We acknowledge that each person’s journey is different – Everyone is fighting their own fight. Our approach is about defining your goals, stepping up to challenges, and working towards improving your own capabilities. No Pressure – Let’s get you started and see where it takes you…
4. Goal Setting: 42% of people who set goals, are more likely to achieve them. Setting clear goals are an effective way to progress and crush self-doubt. Our coaches collaborate closely with you to define achievable milestones. Witnessing your progress elevates your confidence.
5. Incremental Progress: At Champions Gym, we want to find measurable progress, take note of the small wins, and celebrate them! – Because eventually, they add up to the big ones. We focus on the incremental enhancements you make, showing you that every step forward contributes to your long-term growth.
6. Supportive Community: Our club is more than just a training space. It’s a community that lifts and pushes one another. You’ll find energy, encouragement, and camaraderie among fellow members, fostering a fun, safe and positive atmosphere.
7. Use our stories as inspiration: Pamorn Martdee & Whitney Tuna, the driving forces behind Champions Gym, embody martial arts’ transformative influence, relating it back to themselves and why they started in the first place.
Martdee’s journey from self-doubt to empowerment showcases what the power of combat sports can do. Tuna, saw boozey weekends, late nights out, and weight gain, concentrated into carving a more definite, clear cut, confident version of herself.
Together the two have built a team of passionate professional coaches who are here to carry on their legacy, making a difference in the lives of every single person they work with.
And now, they’re here to aid you in uncovering your own potential and conquering your fears for good.
Embrace Your Strength: Fear of being good enough is natural, but it shouldn’t hinder your path to becoming better. At Champions Gym, we’re committed to your progress. It’s not about fitting in; it’s about embracing your individual journey and recognising where you’re at in your journey.
A Journey of Empowerment: Embark on a journey of self-discovery. We provide the tools, guidance, accountability, and a community to help you overcome fears and unleash your potential. Whether you’ve never done anything like this before or you’ve got some experienced, we empower you to build confidence, strength, and resilience – extending beyond our four walls.
Start Your Journey Today: Overcoming the fear of not being good enough begins with a single step and it is something we all struggle to make, because it is usually the hardest – “Next week”, “Next Monday”, “When I’m fitter”
– We’ve heard it all… Join us at Champions Gym and embark on a transformative journey that empowers you to face challenges, discover your true self, and become the best version of yourself – In the gym and into every day life.
Other news you might like
5 Muay Thai styles your must know
June 18, 2021 | Training
There are many different styles of Muay Thai, but these five are the most prominent and most important!
Calorie Burn: Running vs Boxing vs Muay Thai
January 30, 2018 | Training
Boxing classes provide a fun, calorie-burning alternative to monotonous activities like running.
Boxing footwork ladder drills
April 23, 2019 | Training
Most of the people who start boxing mainly focus on improving the power and quickness of their punches. However, there is an essential factor that they usually neglect. The footwork!